Thursday 9 May 2013

Ebook Evaluation

In order to create my Ebook I used Adobe Dreamweaver as it is an easy application to use and proved very helpful with the problems I encountered during the making of the website.

Target Audience & Purpose of the Ebook.
The target audience for my Ebook is those who wish to see what technology was like at the time of creating it, as technology is rapidly changing, this gives a good representation of what it was like to create a website, and also gives a lot of information on the current age of technology. The three categories I have in my Ebook each show a different area of technology in the world, from advancements in mobile technology to the digital divide which neglects many countries of any kind of technology.

Problems I faced while creating the Ebook.
While developing my Ebook I ran into multiple problems, most of which I was able to resolve by correcting errors in the html code, the main problem I had was the positioning of my banner that was supposed to span the top of the page, a lot of the time it wasn't centred and so to fix this I simple put the code <div align="centre"> at the end of the html code for the image. Another problem that I faced was that the web page was too large, it needed to be smaller for it to work correctly as an Ebook, I fixed this by adding a footer to the web page and limiting the height it could be. Problems with hyperlinks were also a major problem for a while, after creating a new page I had to rework the hyperlinks on that page to work with the files I was using, this was generally easy to fix but was time consuming.

How my Ebook designed.
My Ebook is designed in such a way that you can never get lost and navigation is fairly simple. On the home page there is a description of how to navigate. To the right of the page are 4 categories which are: Life in the information age, The Digital Divide, Online services and Ebook. Clicking on one will take you to a series of links which you can navigate by clicking the "Next" button at the bottom of the page, to get back to the home page you can either click home or click on the banner, you are able to get to access all of the categories and the homepage from anywhere on the Ebook by simply clicking on the side navigation bar.

What can be improved?
The main problem I see with my Ebook is that it is not very eye catching, I didn't have time to fully design the style of the page and so I had to focus of functionality of the website over the look and style of it. Another improvement that could be made would be the ability to access posts in a category from the home page instead of having to click on the category and then cycle through the posts in order to find the one you are looking for, once again this was a problem with my time management and I wasn't able to include this feature in time.




No comments:

Post a Comment